Having babies and strollers go hand in hand, literally! Keeping your child safe when using your stroller is important too. Here are a few good things to look for when getting ready to use your stroller for the first time, or the 100th time.
- Check to see if your stroller is the right size for your child. Children that are over the weight limit for the stroller could make it unstable or collapse it.
- Always strap your child in correctly using the guidelines provided by the manufacturer. You want to be better safe than sorry!
- Watch little fingers and your own when opening and closing a stroller. The latches can grab and pinch delicate skin.
- Check the brakes before using your stroller each time you use it, if you have an additional braking system.
- Never allow your child to climb in and out of the stroller by themselves. It could roll off by itself or tip backwards, or any other terrible accident injuring your child.
- Never allow another child to push a stroller with a child in it. Tips and falls can happen in an instant causing injury to the children.
- Do not hang heavy bags on the handles. This can cause the stroller to flip backwards. Use baskets underneath the stroller for safe keeping.
- Other children should not stand on a stroller to ride it while a child is inside the stroller. If you have two small children, get a double stroller mean to handle the weight of two.
These are a few stroller safety tips that I thought of. Do you have other safety tips you have come across from using your stroller?